Adam is an associate at Eltumi Partners. Since joining the firm, Adam has brought strong skills in legal analysis and research into his work for the firm’s clients, and his ability to think issues through keenly and incisively has developed his experiance, particularly in contentious work.
Able to put himself in the shoes of various parties to a legal matter, Adam provides perspective and unique insight that is always informed by the client’s practical and commercial goals. Having acted as part of the firm’s team that closed a major solar project in Libya, he brings high levels of dedication and motivation into his work across the firm’s matters. These skills, together, support his growing specialisations in civil and administrative law, particularly disputes and anti-corruption matters.
Based in our Tripoli office, Adam is fluent in English and Arabic and is a qualified lawyer in Libya.
Representative experience includes:
- An upstream oil and gas company in relation to a major compliance review, which required analysis of key Libyan precedents in relation to abuse of power, bribery, corruption and money laundering cases.
- Acted on a significant analysis of Libyan laws and regulations relating to all legal processes, procedures and corporate governance of joint stock companies.
- A major international energy company in relation to the regulatory issues affecting its purchase of a stake in a producing oil field in Libya.
- A major international energy company in relation to the structuring of a 500MW solar power project and preparing and negotiating project agreements.
- A British oil engineering company in relation to a multi-million dollar dispute before the Libyan courts.
- A Korean engineering firm in relation to a major dispute relating to liquidation of a performance guarantee.
- A major international bank in relation to a dispute involving on-demand advance payment bank guarantees relating to a Libyan infrastructure project.
- A major international rail company in relation to the termination of its contracts and bank guarantees on force majeure grounds.
- A major international engineering firm in relation to labour and civil law litigation before the Libyan courts.
- A major European energy company in relation to proceedings to defend against the enforcement of an ICC arbitral award against its assets.
- LLB, Tripoli University
- Member of the Libyan Bar Association